Monday, October 6, 2008

Living the Values Everyday!


I was watching a cartoon with my child the other day and noticed the character jetted from one scene to the next and then settled comfortable in an overstuffed couch reading a paper like nothing had ever garnered the cartoon characters attention. The exhilaration of the character as it darted seamlessly from scene to scene made me wonder, is he on to something?

No matter what your profession, as a parent you will always be pulled in multiple directions. That's just the way it is. Where we run into trouble is when we can't address our priorities and live our values. Thankfully, the direct selling profession is all about that!

As a mother of four children, I am blessed to live my values everyday due to the many benefits of the direct selling profession. I've found that children are so influenced by their surroundings and thanks to our profession, we are able to overcome the other influences. When they hear questionable music on the radio, I can sit with them and share an inspiring story or something that I recently learned that can offer them a more positive perspective. When they watch something on T.V. that offers no hope, I can not only show them that hope exists, but share it with them when we watch a direct selling leader's video or see someone succeed. The messages are true. The messages throughout are, dream, believe, be honest and kind. Love your way to success. Imagine, if more people came into the direct selling profession and shared these amazing values with their children! We would have a whole new world! In closing, celebrate, rejoice and be proud. The direct selling profession is alive and well and reaching more people everyday!

No comments: