Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sharing Dreams is My Dream Come True

One day I was sitting down watching my son Kaala play baseball listening to my iPod and an inspiring program with Marcia Wieder regarding Dreams came on. Marcia was talking about how important dreams are. My 6 year old daughter Kahea came and sat next to me and asked me if she could listen too. So she had one ear phone and I had the other. As our children get older it seems like we get to cuddle less. So I was just enjoying this moment of holding my daughter and the opportunity we were having to learn something new together. As the program played my daughter stopped and said – “Mom, I have dreams too. I have my dream board and I can make all my dreams come true.”

I have carried that day with me in my mind and thought about it over and over again. When I was a little girl, my mom and dad would play motivational programs like Napoleon Hill, John Maxwell, and so much more. I would beg my mother to play some music – anything but the motivational programs. What is so funny about this now, is my children asked me if I have any music on my iPod and the answer was no. It is all inspiring and educational programs. Even though I did not know that information was serving me at the time and actually resisted it, some how it landed in my heart and now I have the opportunity to share that experience and early learning with my children. It is such a gift to be involved in a profession that is so intertwined with education and personal development.


This wonderful learning experience has opened my eyes to more possibilities. Including my children in the listening and learning programs that I enjoy hearing, reading books out loud in a way that appeals to them, yet applies to rewarding relationships, improving communication, leadership, growing a thriving business, and so much more. Then we discuss what we heard or learned in that experience and how we can apply that information to our lives, school, and our family business.

No comments: